Ⅰ.Phonetics ( 5 points)
Directions:In each of the following groups of words, there are four underlined letters or letter combinations marked A, B, C and D. Compare the underlined parts and iden-tify the one that is different from the others in pronunciation. Mark your answerby blackening the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
1. A. penalty B. moment C. quarrel D. absent
2. A. sympathy B. material C. courage D. analysis
3. A. starvation B. suggestion C. satisfaction D. situation
4. A. donkey B. turkey C. money D. obey
5. A. revise B. consist C. advertise D. visit
Ⅱ . Vocabulary and Structure ( 15 points )
Directions : There are 15 incomplete sentences in this section. For each sentence there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose one answer that best completes the sentence and blacken the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
6. Jonathan and Joe left the house to go for__ after supper.
A. walk B. the walk
C. wallks D. a walk
7. He pointed at the new car and asked, "___ is it? Have you ever seen it before?"
A. Why B. Where
C. Who D. Whose
8. My father asked __ to help with his work.
A. I and Tom B. Tom and me
C. me and Tom D. Tom and I
9. Nowadays little knowledge __ to be a dangerous thing.
A. seem B. seemed
C. does seem D. do seem
10. If their marketing team succeeds, they __ their profits by 20 percent.
A. will increase B. would be increasing
C. will have increased D. would have been increasing
11. You'd better take these documents with you __ you need them for the meeting.
A. unless B. in case
C. until D. so that
12. I haven' t been to a pop festival before and Mike hasn' t __
A. too B. as well
C. neither D. either
13.__ is known to the world, Mark Twain was a great American writer.
A. As B. Once
C. That D. It
14. John complained to the bookseller that there were several pages______ in the dictionary.
A. lacking B. losing
C. missing D. dropping
15. Not until the game had begun __ at the sports ground.
A. should he have arrived B. would he have arrived
C. did he arrive D. had he arrived
16. Moviegoers know that many special effects are created by computers, they often don' tknow is that these scenes still require a lot of work.
A. That B. Whom
C. What D. How
17. The president is to give a formal __ at the opening ceremony.
A. speech B. debate
C. discussion D. argument
18. When I am confronted with such questions, my mind goes __, and I can hardly remember myown date of birth.
A. faint B. blank
C. dark D. blind
19. If they are willing to lend us the money we need,all our problems will be__
A. solved B. caused
C. covered D. met
20. This article __ more attention to the problem of cultural conflicts.
A. cares for B. allows for
C. applies for D. calls for
- 【操作流程】广东省“安管人员”证书查询、打印、延期！ 2023-09-05
- 重磅消息！深圳初中级工程师职称，不用考试啦！！！符合条件，提交资料申报即可！ 2023-07-25
- 二级建造师考试备考如何选择靠谱的培训机构？ 2023-05-11
- 广东安全员ABC证书有什么用途？报名条件是什么？ 2023-04-13
- 零基础考生备考二级建造师考试，需要准备多久呢？ 2020-04-02
- 一图看懂！职业资格证书和职业技能等级证书有什么区别？ 2023-09-05
- 9月1日起，广东省特种作业操作证统一使用国家标准化电子证照 2023-07-11
- 拥有二建证书为什么要考B证？带不带B有什么区别？ 2023-05-25
- 约35%建造师社保不一致，挂靠将会被怎么处罚？ 2023-05-09
- 一建增项专业怎么搭配？收益最高的组合公布！ 2023-04-26